I can hardly believe another year has gone by. I don’t know about you, but I love looking back to the goals I set myself on January 1 and remembering what I’ve accomplished this year.
I had set myself some day-job goals (not to be a jerk-wad manager, since I was about to hire my first managee), personal goals (to roll with the punches, since Smarty Pants was set to finish his PhD and would be looking for jobs around the world), and writing goals.
I’m happy to say I met most of my goals.
- I wrote and revised my contemporary romance All Things Easy, which I pitched to agents at my first RWA National Conference in July.
- I wrote the first draft of another contemporary romance, No Fragile Heart.
- I got half-way through revising my first manuscript, First Aid for a Broken Heart.
- I made more friends than I could’ve imagined on this blog and on Twitter (thank you, everyone, for the many hours of chatting and thoughtful comments and conversation!).
Goals for 2012
Since Smarty Pants got a job in the Netherlands, we moved in October and I now have a new day job. I’m so excited about it because it’s full of challenges and opportunities. My main goal is to tackle all of those without sacrificing my sanity, since I usually let myself be consumed by work.
I will probably get to go to Bangladesh and India for work this year, so my other goal is to make the most of those opportunities.
I want to start learning Dutch. In the Netherlands, people speak such amazing English that I haven’t had to so far, but I feel awful asking people to speak to me in English. Smarty Pants and I may hire a tutor or take a class so we can at least learn the basics of the language.
This year I will:
- Finish revising First Aid for a Broken Heart.
- Revise No Fragile Heart.
- Write and revise the book that comes after All Things Easy.
- Judge three contests and enter three contests.
- Go to RWA Nationals and pitch to agents and editors.
- Build myself a website.
- Continue growing my blog and social media conversations.
- Keep track of the books I read on Goodreads.
How about you? How did you do with last year’s goals? What are this year’s goals?