I don’t know about you, but I always find it a bit depressing when the holidays end. Colds don’t help.
One thing I love about this time of year, though, is thinking about the exciting things to come and writing down my goals for the year. “Resolution” sounds a bit too…um, resolved for me. The fact is, I do much better when I think of these as goals.
I managed to accomplish many of 2012′s writing goals:
- I finished revising (and sold! Bonus!) Knowing the Score.
- I judged the Golden Heart contest and entered a few others (and got an agent through one!).
- I went to RWA Nationals and pitched to agents and editors – which led to a publication deal!
- I built myself a website (you’re looking at it).
- I continued growing my blog and social media conversations (thank you all for getting involved!).
- I kept track of the books I read on Goodreads until summer, but then I got too busy and stopped. Whoops.
This year I’m going to keep my goals simple because I have two life-changing events coming up – having a baby and getting published – and I want to nurture both of these areas of my life without losing my mind in the process.
So here are my goals for 2013:
- Have a baby and give her all the love and cuddles she can handle. Do it without turning into a crazy frantic woman.
- Go through the publishing process with Carina Press for Knowing the Score and come up with a good marketing plan for it – again, minus the crazy frantic woman.
- Write two more novels.
What are your goals or resolutions for 2013? How did you do with last year’s resolutions?
I hope you have all the success in the world in 2013!