Update: make that five links. I found another just after hitting ‘Publish’, and I had to share it. I’ve added it at the bottom. Enjoy!
I had a bit of a stressful week, but it ended on a high – and two of my best friends from London are coming for the weekend, so I’m looking forward to chilling out.
Throughout the week I found some lovely photos and stories on the interwebs to cheer me on. I hope they bring a smile to your face, too!
1. Photos from the Travel Photographer of the Year competition: UnbeLIEVable photos showing the wonder and diversity of our world! These are on display in London, and I’m hoping to take my parents there when they visit this summer.
2. 21 pictures that will restore your faith in humanity – Here’s one of my favorites:
3. Greek octopus forms coalition with dolphin’s genitals: Just the most awesome photo EVER
4. Wonder’s story: reunited with my family after seven years
Get your hankies ready. A friend of mine wrote this about a man named Wonder who fled Zimbabwe in fear for his life and has now been reunited by the Red Cross with his wife and kids. Seeing their smiles is worth the click alone.
5. 24-hour cupcake ATM: If you’re ever out in Beverly Hills at 3am (which, I have to say, I frequently was when I was at UCLA, since I had to drive through Beverly Hills to get to my favorite all-night coffee house), you can now get a cupcake through an ATM at Sprinkles. This is going on the list of things I’m totally taking my RWA Nationals roomie Moriah Densley out to do when we’re in Anaheim next month. Okay, I know it’s a bit of a drive, but seriously – a cupcake ATM!
Have you seen anything smile-inducing online this week?