This post is part of the Mistletoe Madness blog hop. If you’re here for the first time, welcome! I blog about contemporary and historical romance, and I have weekly giveaways. (This one is an added bonus.) I hope you’ll consider subscribing and visiting again sometime.
I’ve heard some lovely stories about parents who mark their children’s growth by writing them a letter every birthday and recounting all the things they’ve learned to do.
I’m a bit too old for my mom to do that, so I measure my own growth in my own ways. One of my favorites is by reflecting on much-loved authors whose books I hadn’t read a year ago. These are authors who gave me the thrill of discovery and inspiration – what more could you ask for?
Here are 11 romance authors I “discovered” this year. I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing some of them, and I’m making it my resolution to interview the others in 2012.
1. Shannon Stacey: Heartfelt, funny contemporary romance
2. Jane Graves: Contemporary romance that tugs the heartstrings
4. Brenda Novak: Romantic suspense that’ll keep you up all night!
5. Katie Lane: Quirky, hot small-town Texas romance
6. Laura Lee Guhrke: Stunningly beautiful historical romance
7. Shana Galen: Absolutely fantastic historical adventures
9. Vicky Dreiling: Wickedly witty historical romance
10. Sarah MacLean: Laugh-out-loud-funny Regency romance
11. Joanne Kennedy: Fun and poignant contemporary cowboy romance
Since this is part of the Mistletoe Madness blog hop, there are a few ways you can win cool stuff.
Win a $10 book gift certificate and some chocolate on my blog. (Open internationally)
Leave a comment below telling me an author you became a fan of this year. On December 23, I’ll randomly choose one commenter to win a $10 (or equivalent in your currency) gift certificate to an online book retailer. I’ll also send you this ornament filled with chocolate stars (fake tree not included), which will hopefully arrive in time for you to share them at a New Year’s party!
Enter to win a Nook! (U.S. only)
If you live in the U.S., you can also sign up for the Nook giveaway on PJ Schnyder’s blog, as part of the Mistletoe Madness blog hop. The Nook is loaded with books, so you can discover lots of new authors in 2012.
Visit other bloggers giving stuff away.
On PJ Schnyder’s blog, you can find links to all the other bloggers giving away cool stuff during the Mistletoe Madness blog hop. Go give ’em some love, and you could win cool stuff from them!
Who are your favorite new authors that you’ve discovered in 2011?